Saturday, December 18, 2010

when the rain comes

Well, when this current storm rolled in yesterday, my allergies flared up once again... & I was barely snapping back from the last rain :{ So. I'm wondering if it's time to once again take Claritin? Anyway, I can't take a bath to ease the body aches so I'm doing the next best thing: rice pack =] Why can't I take a bath? Because my wonderful hubby has been working all day long trying to plumb the utility room in order to bring in the washer & dryer! It's so exciting to think- especially after by the time I got my clean & dry clothes back to the house today, they were all wet from the downpour :( So. While I wait eagerly for the announcement that the house is back in service, let's look back on the week, shall we? =]

My bag-obsessed boy in my sunglasses and sporting my new purse (looking mighty studly I might say!):
Thursday is our garbage day here. There for a little while the boys lost interest in this weekly affair but J has resurrected the obsession recently so in honor of that we colored a pic of one:
and also oogled as they took away our undesirables. Speaking of, in my Sunset magazine, a family was featured that literally threw away a handful of garbage a year. And they aren't hoarders, either =] I found that very interesting...
Thursday we also took advantage of our last bit of sun for a while by zooming Tonkas down the sidewalk:
and also working on the new flower bed (I think I bit off more than I can chew... anyone care to help take out the crab grass?)
You know how the boys were pulling objects with their tractors? Well, J took off the string & decided [for the entire day!] to pull me around instead. It was fun & amusing & now that the day is done the string has mysteriously disappeared :}
So today. Today we went to the boys' first "mommy left me at a birthday party"- can you believe it? I'm still not sure I'm ready for that but it happened. And they had a blast =] So much that J fell asleep in the car, didn't budge when I carried him inside in the rain, & he laid zonked like this for 3 hours. Can someone say "much needed"?
So while J did that, Z & I played for a while until he, too, was ready for rest =]


Okay, so now that that's done & the water still isn't on & my rice pack is getting chilly, I guess I'll just resort to resting myself & climbing into bed =] Luv ya~

No comments: