I have recently lovingly started calling our new home "the bungalow"- it just reminds me of one... It's very simple & compact- everything you need in a small little area =]
I went to Pasadena last Friday & Saturday with a couple of gals & when we returned, my guys & I went to Grandma's for supper & were also treated with a look at our new front door in the making (I wasn't aware we were getting one so I got a double surprise!). Char's Dad has made alot of our furniture & I'm sure this door will be equally as beautiful when it is complete =]
While I was away in LA, my honey decided he was not going to get anything done on our new house with 2 boys in tow so he took the initiative & moved a few necessities over: our couches, the boys' beds, & the fridge =] So this is what I came "home" to:
Yes, that is our futon on the right... & yes, we're still sleeping on it =]
{Sunday, April 25: Moving Day!}
Here are the boys the next morning in their room: Bubba ready to run & Zeke still sleeping =] Fun little side note: I've been trying to ween myself from calling Jeremiah Bubba & Zeke has followed suit... he calls him "Miah" =]
Here's our living room after the move: yikes! It has been cleared considerably since but with the house still being worked on, it's not as settled as we would like it to be.
Unfortunately, most of our things haven't even made it into the house. Yep! The porch still looks like this :{ We're thinking another yard sale is coming up soon...
First thing I did was find the table & clear the chairs... the dining room is now good to go!
Monday we escaped moving madness & went to the park with our mom n kids playgroup... in usual fashion, the boys enjoyed this hill (running up & rolling down) more than the playground...
What better way to enjoy a hot day than an ice cream cone?
hehe! When I peeked out the backdoor, I couldn't resist catching Jeremiah in the act of spying on dogs =] Zeke had grabbed my grocery list & pen earlier & was still doing his own creations on it...
he was so into drawing he would move around but keep marking...
even doing it standing up if he had to =]
Okay, funny story =] We have noticed in areas around the house that someone short must've lived here (like the bathroom sink is Zeke's height) but we failed to notice the shower head. I climbed in to take the moving grime off only to realize the shower head is no where near my head (and I'm not very tall!). It wasn't very relaxing showering on my knees... & my honey surprised me with a gift the next day: an extension! He's my hero =]
Finally! We have made it to today! See the big tent behind the cute kids? Because our bedroom is still being worked on, our bed, dresser, everything is under the tent (hence the sleeping in the dining room on the futon) along with our washer & dryer & a few other biggy things... Anyway, I've gone 4 days without doing laundry & I've entered withdrawals (don't ask but I think I got it from my Mom?) not to mention the dirty clothes pile is nearing the ceiling (+ or - of course) so today my kiddos & I painted the laundry room (it was disgusting & truly needed it before moving in there) and here's a pic of my boys after the event:
during the event:
and at the beginning of the event. Yep! Miah kept eating it, Zeke kept "mistakenly" painting him, & I was doing the ceiling & dripping on him... Bubba bared the brunt of it all =} They had so much fun, though, that I think it would be fun to bring them in later with colored paints & have them decorate my laundry room for me =]
Even though April has been insane & moving is hard & everything is missing in boxes, I'm loving this bungalow God gave us! The simplicity of the house just inspires me to be calm & simple myself. Zeke has had a few breakdowns in the last few days but I'm starting to see him calm as well... God is good & He carries us through =]
1 comment:
I like "life {so far}" that would be a cool blog name. Can you see it? cuuuuute.
Post a Comment