Friday, August 15, 2008

5 Fabulous Finds on Friday:)

Already this morning things are rolling!
  1. I had 7 wonderful hours of good rest last night! WooHoo! Thanks for all the prayers:)
  2. I was awakened by thunder... & then a flash of lightening! The show is still going on:) For those of you not of this area- this is very odd. We never get weather.
  3. And then Char drug me out of bed for an additional great thing- it had sprinkled just enough for a wonderful rain smell:) Mmmmm LOVE that smell!
  4. Thomas & Timothy (the turtles) are loving their pond area & I finally found a bush that'll work for them so now they'll love it even more:) They are, however, spending more and more time in their "cave area"... which translates to: rain season's coming! (can you tell I miss weather???) (They hibernate in the rainy season)
  5. My garden's (if you want to call it that) producing veggies! I'm hoping my green thumb gets better at gardening because it's a little sad right now:) I have 4 pea plants, 6 green bean plants, 2 tomatoes, & a strawberry plant that just looks cute (translation: I'll probably never see any berries on it). The peas & beans have been consistent: about 2 veggies total a day. The tomatoes have tomatoes galore but unfortunately Zeke saw me pick ripe cherries off and give it directly to him and now every time he goes outside he thinks the tomatoes are fair game. Translation: the green tomatoes don't have a chance to turn red because he's picked it and then carries it around for the rest of the day...

4 comments:

Dani said...

Strawberries usually don't produce the first year but you should get berries next year. As for the green tomatoes put them on your window sill where they get some sun and they will ripen a little bit more. Oh, I miss having a garden and fresh veggies and cherry or pear tomatoes.

annie said...

I must have missed the thunder and lightening... what time does that man wake you up in the morning? sheesh!

Cortney said...

Hurray for good sleep!!!
I've yet to venture into producing any type of vegetable from my soil. Between you and LB, though, I may try my hand at it next year!
2 more days!

Anonymous said...

I'm Waiting for the call!!!! :) Enjoy the next 2 days of having that kid on the inside!
Let Zeek pick those tomatoes and then next year use his expertise and go to a U-pick strawberry field! As for getting strawberries I think I could have 30 plants and I would some way figure out how to bring their producing mannerisms to a screeching halt!