Tuesday, July 22, 2008

What's Your Flavor?

  • Did you know July is National Ice Cream Month? And the third Sunday of the month is National Ice Cream Day?
  • I am just finding these things out! And to think I missed the "Day" and have to wait a whole 'nother year to celebrate, too!
  • So a thought pops in my head: What's your flavor? When you think ice cream, what comes to mind? For me, the first thought is Dairy Queen's peanut butter cup blizzard. Second thought is, I don't want to drive to Ventura for it, so Dreyer's chocolate chip mint or moose tracks will do fine:)
In 1984, President Ronald Reagan designated July as National Ice Cream Month and the third Sunday of the month as National Ice Cream Day. He recognized ice cream as a fun and nutritious food that is enjoyed by a full 90% of the nation's population. In the proclamation, President Reagan called for all people of the United States to observe these events with "appropriate ceremonies and activities." (per IDFA.org)

4 comments:

Lalena said...

Ice cream is my favorite food group...why didn't I know about this? Maybe because I like to celebrate it every day :)

Laura said...

not a huge fan of ice cream, but if i have to pick it would be pumpkin from mcconnell's....and of course we don't have it here, so i don't have ice cream very often.

Anonymous said...

Amuzing, I really like DQ choc/vanilla twist cone...also a long drive for us! I sufice with Schwanns cookie dough or anykind of choc chip mint!
I updated!

Dani said...

Chocolate Chip Mint (and I must say DQs new Thin Mint Blizzard is absolutely delicious) or Vanilla with the marischino cherries in it.