Friday, May 27, 2011

and so it begins

I have found that my boys need at least a few minutes of focused love each day for them to run content. I have also found that they are fast learners that like to keep busy & like to learn. So last week we started "school". My sister-in-law gave us a really cool Bible & a great idea to go with it: read one chapter every day for a week & every day also have an activity to go with it =] The boys learn about their great amazing Creator, have focused time with me, & get to do fun things- it's a win-win!

Last week we started at the beginning: Creation. And for the first three days we "created" our own poster version. We painted, cut, glued, & stickered =]


And on our third day into it, we had a finished project: (J didn't intentionally make the sand look like Noah's Ark- he's just cool like that =])
My parents came for a visit & knocked our schedule off a bit but we finished day 4 with some great hand-eye coordination animal lacing that the boys enjoyed (thank you Michaels!):
And then for day 5 we just played a leaping frog game that I happened to have already =]
It probably takes 1/2 hour at the most plus a few moments of before-the-day-hits brainstorming but it's well worth it! Z was already quoting the Bible story on day 3! If you have a preschooler/toddler, I highly recommend doing something like this- you will not regret it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a brilliant idea! I wish I had time to do this.
Sarah~