First off, I just want to say good bye to our trusty friend "Chariot" & hello to our new one "van"... since I can't remember anyone's name anymore, why bother trying with a vehicle? =] We found our '07 AWD Sienna on the internet & took a leap of faith to drive up to San Jose to purchase her. Here's our excited pic for the return home:
Z absolutely loves it & will attempt acrobatic things on the seats while stating "cause that's what I do in mini vans". He's so funny =]

C found out his new favorite lake has a special right now of buy 2 nights, get 1 free so he quickly bought a spot & worked, worked, worked last week so we could cram ourselves into Van on Friday & break her in real good to this family's style:

We arrived at our spot at 8, started unloading Van in the 37* weather, thank you very much, only to realize the "neighbors" were really enjoying their beer bombs too much so we reloaded & moved to a quieter spot & proceeded to unload there. The food went in the tent & we snuggled into the van.
Next morning Z was raring to go. He couldn't wait to start fishing =] There was a little dock below our spot:

and maybe a little on resting too
I took a wonderful undisturbed nap while the guys took a hike & saw a snake & 3 deer & then we went for a drive around the lake & stopped a few times to fish
and play
and collect a little more firewood (this van did it all!).
Funny story: night #2: the boys & I snuggled into our bags & C went to do night fishing. He came back a little later to find he forgot to zip the tent closed & found a skunk in there eating the top off our muffins- thankfully that's all she got & she left peacefully!
The next day we rented a boat but still didn't have any luck with the fishes :( C kept stating "there isn't any fish in this lake!".... poor guy.

But we had fun none-the-less & even found where the creek runs in, followed it as far as the boat would go & then climbed out for a little "rock climbing" (saw a cute turtle sunning- always surprises me to see them in the wild =]) & a family portrait because I like them & to also prove I was there =]
Monday Morning: our last morning. (Z's the lump on the left.)
C put a package of bacon on the picnic table & then walked away for a second to help Z to the bathroom (which he firmly states he liked the port-a-john much better than the regular bathroom- crazy kid!) & came back to find crows eating our bacon. Never had so much wildlife encounters! Anyway, we packed up, said good-bye to the frogs, turkeys, quail, & birds/ducks galore & headed home.
Poor Van smelled awful but never missed a beat. I do miss Chariot for the fact she was beat up when we got her so who cares what we do to her now? but I'd say Van has been a great replacement so far =]
No comments:
Post a Comment