Thursday, May 6, 2010

day 6 in May- {random thoughts everywhere!}


Today started early with Zeke's shrieks of growing pain agony thus inciting a random day. My body is tired, my throat is coated by incessant allergy drainage, the boys were content to snuggle most of the morning & meander through the rest of it. So continuing down that road...

1) Char drug me away from my duties the other day to point out something neat & unique to our home & as I leave the laundry room each time my eyes drift up & take notice:the trees on the other side of the road perfectly frame our rooftop =] There is just no way of planning that sort of thing!

2) I am attempting to start 'preschooling' the kiddos & thus do at least one 'formal' activity a day- today was playdough:
3) see my cow turned horse & rider? Hey! I never once claimed talent =] (the fun thing about this age is they were really excited about it!)

4) we planted another tomato plant today. I have 2 more but don't want to disturb the weeds to plant em... would that be considered lazy?
5) I like this shot of my hubby who just happened to be where the camera was pointing =]

6) Zeke has been enjoying the futon (turned bed) (in the dining room) for naptime as well:

7) yesterday's photo in color reveals Char's mom picking out yummy green tomatoes for today's supper... mmm! fried green tomatoes are calling my name!
8) the other day I popped in a CD I hadn't listened to in years: Wow! Worship the 90's... & Chris Rice's song 'Deep enough to dream' has been whirling around my brain ever since. Which made me look him up on YouTube & I just have to say he is an amazing artist. Witty, insightful, fun, encouraging, memorable. He'd be someone fun to meet =]

9) of all the parts of the house, Char n I would both agree that the bathroom sink is next on the list for removal: it's tiny, low, & incredibly old. But the boys love it! Upon entering the house, whether it be from playing, walking, shopping, you name it, Zeke will automatically declare "Mom, I'm going to wash my hands. They're dirty." And he'll run off toward the bathroom with Jeremiah fast on his heels. If you want to see what they are doing at this time, click here =]

10) I am absolutely loving the honey I bought at yesterday's market- so much that we had it for breakfast & then again at lunch with PB & honey's =] Do you think it overkill to have it with supper too?

1 comment:

Katie Glathar said...

So many thoughts.... you are an amazing mama! Good for you for planting some veggies. The farmers market sounds fun. You are wanting to be a home school mama too!! YEA! It is going to be an adventure but I am excited. There is so many things that I see you doing that I am also doing that I wish that we could be sharing together. Why did God separate us? Well! This is life! Love you!