Thursday, March 11, 2010

why oh why did I want my way?

Isn't the house looking great? So clean & white =] It truly drove me crazy last week not being able to help with it.
Within minutes of arriving, the boys are into everything creating a distraction & noone able to truly focus on the job at hand. And then by the end of the week, both boys came down with colds/allergies so we just stayed home. And I was on the verge of craziness. All I wanted to do was go and help get the work done. So I whined and complained and moped and felt sorry for myself because I was "stuck" at home... nobody had much fun. Sorry boys.
Slowly I'm learning to live on God's timing & peace along with ridding myself of selfishness (this one will be life-long for me!).

But today was beautiful. The wind finally calmed. All our allergies cleared. The sun was out and warm. So I packed up the boys and we went to "the house" as Zeke calls it.
Grandma scraped the inside patio windows.

Charles enjoyed lunch and time with his boys
who enjoyed being outside & around all kinds of fun tools.
And we did get a lot of work done =]
I myself scraped the west side windows & I'm feeling it! From my head to my toes I hurt... which made me wonder while I scraped & my muscles burned: "why oh why did I want to help??" =]

No comments: