Monday, January 11, 2010

the great outdoors & undies

This Saturday we finally found a moment to check out a hiking area we'd noticed a few weeks back. Adobe Trail (off 166) eventually (7 miles) leads to a campground which we did not make it to this time around. We found a little spot for the kids to run around & for Char n I to shoot a few rounds. We did hike a good ways until Zeke decided his legs just couldn't go any more and then we headed back down. Someday we'd love to hike all the way & stay at the campground- wouldn't that be fun? =]


Char's Dad made a see-saw which he gave us. =] The boys love it & a few hours after parking it on our lawn on Sunday, a few neighbor kids stopped by and asked if they could play, too- how fun!

We did some yard cleanup this weekend and found this guy. We couldn't figure what it was because it was like a black widow but not. So we took a picture and then killed it. Unfortunately, it turns out this spider is a false black widow- and it actually kills black widows =] Now I feel bad for killing it :(


And finally, today I decided this is it! The only thing stopping Zeke from being potty trained is his stubborn love of diapers. So we're forcing him out. And to keep him happy, we included Jeremiah, too. (not there yet but thrilled to wear undies like Zeke =])






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, looks like your life is full of various happenings!!!

Hope the potty training goes well for you and Zeke!! I'm sure it will! Love, Mom and Dad~

Matthew said...

Great pictures Mandi, and I am glad to see that old Marlin getting some use.