Saturday, January 23, 2010

days 5 & 6 & oh my!

By day 5 of the rains I am tired & uncreative so we plop down and play a few legos...
which holds their attention for about 10 minutes. Isn't it ironic that because they've been cooped up in the house all week I'm exhausted & they're hyper? Why??? Anyway, I figured it was time to pull out the last & final idea: our pool =] Seriously. If you don't have one & you have kids, how do you survive? (I know it looks like Zeke might be crying in this pic, but he's really screaming with glee- trust me =])
On day 6 I'm at the end of my rope & we head to McD's & they ran & ran
& ran & ran & ran... Char took them back that night to run off more energy. Where do they get it from??
Between a few storms on Friday we were blessed with a super bright double rainbow =]

& unfortunately, we discovered our home isn't waterproof- it has a few leaks... and quite a few bugs... termites in fact are flying all around my home. Isn't that lovely? Apparently, they have a nest in this wall & this wall had a leak and between the two, it split open and all the buggies fell out & decided this is a good time to mate & fly around finding a new place to build a home =]
Uuugghh! I get shivers up my spine just watching them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this from a horror show? I can't believe my eyes!!! (So how does the one in the next town look like? Is it holding up?) Much love, Mom and Dad~

Anonymous said...

Is this from a horror show? I can't believe my eyes!!! (So how does the one in the next town look like? Is it holding up?) Much love, Mom and Dad~