Tuesday, February 17, 2009

terrific tuesdays

We love Tuesdays. Tuesdays are our day to stay home [usually], lounge in our pj's, catch up on things from a crazy weekend [like sleep!] (Char takes Sunday/Mondays off), and our day to get ready for the week ahead. I especially enjoy Tuesdays because it seems to be the only day I get to endulge in my enjoyment of baking :)


(Ignore the dishes in the background! As I was saying, Tuesdays are our day to catch up from the weekend!)

Playing around while the muffins baked (recipe below):


Tuesdays are also the day we enjoy a leisure walk outside taking in all the sights of the world:
a gopher was dragging a piece of the weed at a time down his hole: (anyone else having gopher problems??)

Tuesday is also garbage day which is a great fascination to both boys and since the rain stopped just in time, we were able to chase the truck around the block watching all the neighbors "ickies" go away (who would've thought I'd be excited about the garbage truck & writing about it??!) and then of course who can resist the puddles along the street?


Banana Oat Muffins: [our newest favorite :)]
3/4 cup wheat flour
3/4 cup white flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 tablespoon flaxseed (optional but adds fiber & omega 3)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup + 1 tsp white sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
mix it up!. And in another bowl:
mash 1 cup of bananas (around 3 bananas)
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup oil
1/2 tsp vanilla
combine thoroughly and then add the dry ingredients until just combined. I add 1 cup chocolate chips right before plopping in muffin liners. Bake at 400 degrees.
regular size muffins: bake for about 15 min
mini muffs: bake for about 10 min
Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

as much as i'd like to chat,i'm not gonna call. to tired,don't think i could hold a decent conversation. i love checking in on u though!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I had to laugh at the water puddles--so like a child--who can resist such a temptation? Certainly not, Zeke!!! What a guy!! I love Jeremiah's smile, he is always so happy!! Much love, Mom and Grandma~