A few of my friends (here & here) have been doing the "works for me wednesday" thing lately and it made me think "what works for me??". So in true Pooh style, I thought and I thought and finally it occurred to me...
The best feature of this house is the laundry room. It works for me. It's big and open and this might sound 1800's, but when we first moved in, Charles put up rods around the room so we can hang our shirts and pants to dry and cut down on using the dryer and therefore cut down on costs.
Every weekday I wash a load of laundry and I take about 10 min and put a load away that has been hanging drying from a few days ago. That way I have no mounds of dirty piles and no mounds of clean piles. So here's a tour (just in case you were dying to see it):
Our shirts are hung on the left of the room to dry. Since they're on hangers, they can go directly to the closet when they're dry. (very handy)
All the clothes are presorted and the shoes found a home on the counter.
Of course no laundry would be fun without a helper:)
So. What works for you?

2 comments:
Yea! I'm glad you joined in :) But, nothing works for me in the laundry department. Usually when someone announces they're out of underwear that put my own rear end into high laundry gear. Maybe you'll inspire me. Tomorrow??
AH, laundry! I am exhausted already. I love your fugality... but i prefer my dryer! than I don't have to put away until I need to dry another load!;(
Post a Comment