Saturday, October 11, 2008

Ahhhh, October

I love October. It's not necessarily my favorite because all the other months have awesome things going on, too, but October definitely is the most memorable and life-changing. It's a happenin' month:)

Take, for instance, last week 10 years ago. My first time on a plane and oversees. I had a total blast touring parts of Europe with my sis and bro-in-law, trying to see as many castles as possible and enjoying their fabulous gross looking pizza and wondrous mouth watering gelato.

Or 8 years ago this week I was seeing the east coast for the first time and in particular enjoying the only city I've ever really liked- Boston.


(pic taken at a reservoir in Mass.)


But for sure the most life-changing would be 4 years ago yesterday when I stood at the front of the church and linked my life permanently to Char's. It's been quite the road. But I wouldn't trade it for anything:)

To celebrate, we headed north to our honeymoon spot- The Shelter Cove Lodge in Pismo Beach. We also watched Fireproof in San Luis Obispo (awesome!) and people-watched the college students clubbing- quite entertaining. Of course every event needs to have a most memorable spot so we stayed up until 3 pumping- yes, that's pumping breast milk- because all of a sudden my body decided to produce. Majorly. But a wonderful thing happened further into this morning: we woke up to the sound of birds and ocean waves hitting rocks... instead of crying, whining, and hungry mouths to feed. Did I mention Char's mom & niece watched the boys for all this?? That was a gift in itself.

So I hope you enjoy the rest of this colorful month (another thing I love about it!) and have yourself an adventure or two to reflect on for all the years to come:)

3 comments:

Lalena said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

Anonymous said...

wow! I just discovered I am the lamest friend EVER!!!!! I have a card here for you ...all i needed to do was fill it out and put it in the mail. I guess I'll save it for next year!=( Sounds like you had a great, well deserved break! Thats funny about the pumping!
I tried calling you yesterday and I had no luck getting to you... so i'll try some other time.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, a bit late!

Abby K said...

Happy Anniversary!! I know, I'm late, but still Happy Anniversary!! Your wedding day looked absolutely beautiful!