Wednesday, July 9, 2008

And the race is on!

I have been very blessed this summer with a fabulous ladies group at Miss Cindy's house on Monday nights. I cannot imagine this summer without it.
Charles comes home on time from work and I race out the door leaving my boys behind. And as I walk into her home, I am able to just chill. Not think of anything, plan, clean, prepare. Just grab a cup of her savory coffee, load a napkin with the chocolate delicacy of the night (what would a ladies group be without chocolate??), and sink into her comfy couch. We are currently going through the book of Ruth through the eyes of Francine Rivers (book is actually called Unshaken). Have you read it? It's only 5 chapters long and crazily captivating.
But more than that, it has been so incredible just sharing life with this group of women. The good, the bad, the ugly. Listening, praying, laughing, spilling frustrations, sharing our hearts.
But this week was different. We put Cindy as the driver of one car. And her "wanna- be race car driver" mom, Lori, as the driver of the other car. And the rest of the group was divided into the cars for a Scavenger Hunt Car Rally. (Yes, I was with Lori) Sound like fun? It was. Sound insane? Truly. About mid-way through I was wondering why they didn't require us to sign a waiver... But off we drove around the town looking at signs, finding the right buildings, getting prices on slinkys from Toys R Us (do you know the price of neon slinkys??), basic randomness. And I'm proud to say that the maniacal racing paid off- we won:)

2 comments:

annie said...

Yes, we won! Even though they tried to cheat! THEY cheated. They did. And the scoring was a little shady. But we won. Good prevailed ;) I agree. Wonderful study.... good coffee and yummy chocolate, too.

Milk and Honey said...

I have been so blessed to have all of you ladies in my home this summer (cheaters and shady scorers alike)! As for mom's driving...is it a wonder dad took the truck away--yes, the truck he drives was originally for her!