Monday, December 3, 2007

1st week: victory

Isn’t life ironic?

As we look forward to Zeke’s every weight gain (20 lbs this week), we (as in everyone I know) look forward to losing (or at least maintaining).

And sometimes the horse just needs a spur to get it going. Now I’m not saying I’m a horse (or anyone else I know), but I am saying it took a few “spurs” this past week to get the ball rolling.

1st spur: my wonderful, unassuming friend: Sarah. I know she didn’t mean to do this, but she sent me a few pictures of my bridal shower and I must admit to some shock in seeing myself 3 years back. To be honest, I was very self-conscious and didn’t like my weight one bit on that day (or any other day for that matter). But seeing the difference of then and now has reminded me of my complacency. I for one should not be content with not fitting into my favorite jeans.

2nd spur: I’m finishing up on a book with a few other ladies called “For Women Only” by Shaunti Feldhahn. Well, the last few weeks have been on your man wanting to be proud of his woman and that includes her looks, her personality, the way she carries herself. And if you think about it, if I feel good about myself, I’m going to have all of the above characteristics and I’m all for my man being proud of me.

3rd spur: As stated last week, Char bought a weight scale so we could see how much Zeke weighs. Sounds good, but out of curiosity, I had to get on to see where I was at. And with that, in comes the resolve to lose the first pound in the last 4 months. Yes, that’s right, I am the same as I was 4 months ago. If that doesn’t make me think, I’m not sure what will.

So I am proud to say, that since last Monday’s revelation, I have lost 2 pounds. And if that isn’t exciting, then maybe you’re reading the wrong blog:)

5 comments:

Amber Plant said...

Good for you Manda for losing 2 pounds!! Now I have to use you as an example to lose weight of my own:)
Love you as you are--
Am

Anonymous said...

As I sit here eating a piece of cold pizza for breakfast... you have the audacity to say you've lost what!!!!!! I demand those pictures back NOW!!!! Now as I go into the corner curl up, suck my thumb and cry my eyes out because despite all my weight loss efforts... it just isn't happening! So I want to know what your methods are ? I told you that scale thing was a bad idea!!!!
I WILL love you no matter how you look ( okay there are some exceptions)! But you will look great no matter how much you loose!
Just me ~ your unassuming friend ~ Sarah

Anonymous said...

Oh one more thing ... are you willing to risk loosing your "vuluptous curves" all in the name of skinny???? Hey I just want to make sure you see this from all angles?!!!!
Me again~ unassuming Sarah

Anonymous said...

hhhummmmm.... I wan't to see the now do?!!!! Soon, oh please, I am desperate!

Amber Joy said...

WOOHOO! celebrate every one so that you are able to keep trying the next one, too. not that you aren't wonderful just as you are, but I'm all about being comfortable in your own skin, and something about making your man proud really improves the home life, too!