This is Z6's favorite week so far:
As we studied cows, we played worked hard making a playdoh farm
and then we broke out the serious fun: "milking" a cow (water in a disposable glove with a small hole poked in the fingertip). All 3 kiddos absolutely loved this!
Then the gloves came out & we played "cold potato" as we made ice cream in a bag. One huge necessity with this: make sure you have a good quality bag! Yep- our "storage" bag opened on a toss & salt & ice went flying! Always an adventure, I tell ya! :) After that, we used a freezer bag with much better results :)
Z gets a crazed look in his eye as he waits to try it...
and it's a success!
You could even call it "plate lickin' good" :)
Aren't their cows the cutest?? We have found some great "teachers" on youtube & even I am surprisingly really enjoying the "art lessons" each week :)
Every afternoon, we all lay down for a quiet time & read separately then we come together & I read to the boys a story they each pick from their Bible. On specific weeks I will also have a special Bible story picked out to read to them & tie it to the point of the week, but this week, as the Bible is our soul's nourishment, any story they picked worked :)





No comments:
Post a Comment