6:30- Rise & shine! Time to get a head start on the day! Start the coffee, turn on the computer, look at the to-do list. S is up for a snack & goes back to bed for a little more rest.
7- Hubby is in a chatty mood. It's a rare thing getting time to converse without someone trying to interrupt so I'm trying to focus but know I'd really like to workout & shower before a little guy appears.
7:30- Too late. Z comes bounding out excited to find Papa still home. I, on the other hand, flip out (unfortunately)(being honest, here!). The computer is acting up still so I restart it again. I didn't get a work out. I didn't get any quiet alone time. I didn't even get a shower! Yeah, total feeling sorry for myself. C shoos me into the shower- he'll stay a little later.
8- J & S are now up. Time to dig breakfast out. Somehow my back/shoulder blade pops out of place- now I'm having trouble breathing/moving on top of everything else. Boys watch Word World while I attempt to organize the day.
9- I've done a load of laundry everyday this week but for some reason I still have an out-of-control pile so today desperate times call for desperate measures: The first load of darks goes into the dryer. I know: crazy, right? 2nd load goes into washer. The boys are getting really hairy & as much as we'd all prefer to take them to the barber, at $15 a head/$30 a month, they are so getting buzzed today in the kitchen.
10- in they all go into the shower to clean up. Bathroom gets scrubbed, again. Put away Tuesday's load of lights laundry.
10:30- Olders are still in the bath but S is dressed and
11- Everyone is now dressed. Start putting 2nd load out on line but S isn't cooperating so I'll finish that later. I've been looking at all the different curriculum that promise to teach my sons how to read, catch a few glances at a new one to consider. I'd like to know what book I'm using & start the process around Christmas so I have a little bit of time to keep processing.
11:45- S is down for nap. I forgot to start dishwasher last night so it's running now. I kind of like it because
12- Load of lights started, dryer still going, 1st mason jar finished & 2nd filled. Boys are playing pretty good in back yard; disagreements are petty, nothing serious yet. Maybe I should clean the breakfast off the table?? :) Sure wish my back would pop back in...
When we were in Montana this summer, a check was forged in my name so today I get the joy of filling out the fraud papers. Thankfully, the unknown person wasn't a big dreamer & the amount was a measly $340. So far, my credit card company isn't holding me accountable so that's awesome.
12:30- Z comes in asking if we could do school. Bless his heart. Today we are finishing review week so we do a clock on the floor (#s 1-12). I'm having a hard time w/ J today- guess he's ready for the weekend, too.
1- lunch! Today is Pb & j's and kombucha- yum! J presses his luck by putting my jar's entire opening in his mouth full of sandwich. Yuck- that was gross. It was then I decided Mommy needs a few minutes of quiet time :)
2- S is awake. I am engorged today (tmi??) because S missed a feeding yesterday due to a field trip we took so I feed him again in hopes of relieving the pressure. Moments after I put him down, though, he sees me eat something & throws a royal fit: #1 because he's seeing how tantrums work & #2 he's always ready to eat. 1 of his bottom teeth broke through earlier this week and now another is trying so I don't think he's feeling the greatest, either.
3:30- boys help me unload dishwasher; Z does his usual complaining of how he doesn't like doing it. J drops an egg bringing it in from the chickens & redeems himself of lunchtime ickiness by refusing help cleaning it off the floor. While down helping him anyway, I notice my feet are pretty black; might be time to mop the floor one of these days :} Boys go back to playing a home-grown game; I'm not really sure the purpose/rules/thoughts on it but they seem to be enjoying :)
4:30- Chat w/ C- his body has succumbed to a cold :( He's heading home & would prefer the dinner & movie we like to do on Friday nights. The boys & I pile in the van & head to the grocery store for frozen pizza, grapes, & ice cream- does it get any better??
5:30- C's home when we arrive. Supper is eaten & then C, Z, & J head to the bedroom to watch 'Up' (Z's been asking for it for weeks). S isn't a movie watcher & I'm not really in the mood to zone out & sit so S & I head out to make sure the chickens are happy & to get fresh air. S loves the see saw!
Eventually the kitchen is cleaned up, the boys snuggled in, & the sickly hubby is tucked in as well. Now it's time to start planning for next week... See ya later!
No comments:
Post a Comment