Friday, October 22, 2010

Living life

Char wanted/needed a new gadget for a job he's doing so I took the boys up north this morning to get it... only once I got there, he called & said he finished the job without it (which moves it into the 'wanted' category =]).

With the sun shining (a rare thing lately), we were only too happy to get sidetracked at the park instead...







I have been tremendously enjoying a ladies small group on Wednesday mornings studying "Fresh Brewed Life" (by Nicole Johnson) & recently we were discussing how "We are always getting ready to live, but never living." (Ralph Waldo Emerson) How the dishes, laundry, & the daily grind tend to steal away life sometimes if we let it. And as we were driving home, I looked out the window & saw the beautiful ocean & Ralph's quote & a song both popped in my head... and so we exited the freeway, put the laundry off for a few more hours, and sunk our feet into the sand =]
(J beckoning me out of the water)
(Z asking to go deeper into the water)
(finally, we agree on sand)

My only regret is that I took on the 'spectator role' as I tried endlessly for a good photo of the boys instead of the full on 'participator role'- of which I will try harder to accomplish next time =]
But all in all, the morning was excellent... warm, sunny, fun... now the laundry is washing, the boys are napping, the clouds are rolling in... this life really does happen in a blink and I'm so thankful I was able to enjoy the morning with my kiddos =]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, the wonderful memories of the beach, makes me want to go right now and enjoy the sights, smells, and sounds of it all (esp. with my loved ones)! Much love, Mom W.~