We started a garden this year, something I grew up with and was excited to get into again... I didn't count on the birds, though.
I have been blessed with numerous bluejays that are fed wonderfully by the neighbor (she was so excited as she told me they eat out of her hand- I didn't have the heart to tell her I wish I was a better marksman when it comes to them) and they have decided my yard should belong to them as well.
Long story short, they ate all my bean seeds, most of the peas, and now my sunflower (the lone survivor) is growing on the opposite side of the garden with the corn:
and in with my watermelon/cucumber (hey, I told you I'm not a pro! I figure I'll know what it is when it starts producing!) is an unknown (bottom of the photo). They are starting to bloom, look like something, & there's quite a few of them. Anyone know what it is??
And in this spot, I planted lettuce on the left (hasn't come up yet) and at the same time I planted spinach on the right, covered up the seeds and up pops this plant within a week. It looks like grass but why just on the spinach side?
The good news is the squash is looking good- those little guys are going to be on my plate soon enough :)
1 comment:
Girl...you aint seen birds til you've been to my place!
It's horrible!
Your roses look beautiful!
Post a Comment