Monday, June 30, 2008

Where??

Oi! Where did last week go?? Oh, that's right! It went like this:
  • Monday: my boss' wife's funeral. It was a catholic funeral for a non-believing person. And let me just say that my funeral better be full of joy. It needs to be a celebration that God has used me to his contentment here on earth and it's time for me to be with Him now. There's certainly more to say but where to start and where to end?
  • Tuesday I gardened. And gardened some more. Weeding and rearranging and trying to figure out this yard. To the point that both my hips were mad at me until Friday. But the yard looks good again:)
  • Thursday Zeke had a Dr's appointment. He now weighs 23 pounds and is 31 1/4 inches long. I also had a friend come to the house to help me clean since I wasn't moving too fast (see Tuesday).
  • Friday Zeke and I joined other moms and kids for a play day at La Purisma Mission by Lompoc. It was my first mission to see (can you believe it took me 5 years to go??) and also my first "play day" as a mom... wonderful way to get out of the house! I can't believe it took me so long for this luxury:) Zeke fell in love with the dirt everywhere and couldn't get enough of the turkey:) (it was alive and gobbling)
  • Saturday Char went deep sea fishing off Santa Barbara's Channel Islands and caught his limit of 10 fishes:) That was an all-day ordeal so Zeke and I chilled at the house and got it ready for Sunday...
  • Sunday! This summer the church is throwing GeoParties! The city is divided into sections and inside each section is a home that is hosting a party:) So you pack up your family, some food, and head to the home in your section and enjoy a bbq:) We were very blessed to host this month's GeoParty and we had roughly 25 people come and chat and play pool and eat good food:) It was especially neat when you think of all the other parties going on around town at the same time- crazy concept, huh?

So that brings me to today. And amazingly enough, the house is still in good shape. I have a few dishes to wash- but when don't I? I have a floor to mop and carpet to vaccuum- but when doesn't it have crumbs all over it? And so I guess I'll let you go and I'll start spiffying up the place... Have a great day:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sigh... I wish I was there with you!