Monday, June 9, 2008

it was great!!!

Wow! What a beautiful day! But let me back up a few hours...
Last night I was done...done with my child who has been a holy terror for at least 3 weeks now...done with my hubby who can't seem to read my mind...done with thinking...done with seeing this house which has been terrorized by my child... I was done. I buried myself in my room and prayed this would all get better soon.
This morning: for the first time in 3 weeks (at the very least):
  1. Zeke slept in past 6:30. Wow! I got to do my favoritist thing ever and lay in bed in peace and quiet and veg. Drift in and out of consciousness. It was great!
  2. Around 7:30 he started talking to himself- no screaming and crying- it was great!
  3. We had a peaceful breakfast- no throwing food or drink overboard, no tossing himself from side to side like he was in a straight jacket. It was great!
  4. We cleaned up and got ready for the day- and left my bathroom with things put in their right spot. It was great!
  5. My sciatic nerve hasn't been pinched at all since last week and I think this is the most energy I've had since I got pregnant, so Zeke and I took a walk and enjoyed the perfectest 78 degree weather with only 6 mph wind! Wow! It was great!
  6. Since Zeke has a newfound love of climbing, I decided to encourage it a little and he climbed on a chair and washed his dishes in the sink next to me. He had a blast:)
  7. Then he helped me wash, dry, and put away his clothes and his room doesn't look like a tornado hit it! It was great!
  8. And now for the first time in forever, I was actually sad to hear him want his nap. I never thought I would be a mom that was praying for naptime, but I was definitely there last week.

It feels so good to be back to sane-land, happy-land, enjoying-my-son-land, enjoying-life-land. I'm not sure how long this wonderfulness will last, but as God is my witness I aim to enjoy every piece of it I can:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could come over and releave you for a nap here and there! Or maybe even feed your baby breakfast once in awhile while his mommy catches up on other things. I wish I could do that for you because I know you would do that for me if I was stressed out!
Loves ~ ME

Laura said...

oh...mandi, life is definitely tough when your baby is so miserable! i went through that and moved at the same time, i don't know how i didn't go bananas! it does get better i promise....terrible twos and all!