Thursday, June 12, 2008

Aaaahhhh...sweet, sweet, Jasmine

I couldn't resist any longer. I just couldn't. I had to play in the dirt.
Is there any other way to feeling closer to God than the great outdoors? I ask you, is there? For me, there isn't. And since I'm 100% positive I won't be hiking through the woods any time soon, the yard is a good alternative. The flower bed was getting overgrown, anyway, so it was probably a good thing I couldn't hold off any longer.
So when Zeke decided he needed a rest, I decided to go enjoy our 80 degree weather (sorry, Montanans- yours will come soon enough).
Joined by Thomas & Timothy (the turtles) (because it would be horrific if I was alone at any point of the day), we took the pruning sheers to the beautifully fragrant jasmine bush in an attempt to find the sidewalk. I let it get overgrown because who can walk past the bush and not take a step back to get another whiff? Aaaahhhh. I love the smell of Jasmine:)
And voila! Just like when God prunes us, the jasmine is now healthier, prettier, and better for everyone else as well:)
And so now I am hot, sweaty (you were dying to know, weren't you), and by my calculations, free for only an hour more, so I think I'm going to take a nap:) Ta Ta For Now~

1 comment:

Dani said...

Ours is finally here! Just in time for Grandma and Grandpa to come up. Yeah!!!