Wednesday, August 22, 2007

And Then There Was One...

Confession. You know that saying that if you let it go and it doesn't come back it wasn't really yours to begin with? Well, I'm thinking Timothy wasn't really mine then.

I have had Thomas my turtle for 6 or 7 years now and he's so fun! He follows me around the house, greets me at the door when I come home, even nips at my toes (only mine) on occasion. He's great- like a dog that doesn't bark or shed (and alot smaller, too). So when I was offered a second turtle, Timothy, I was a little cautious. Could any other turtle be like Thomas? That was a year ago. He had some disease/growth/tumor (not really sure what it was) when we got him and gave him medication till it was healed; he had a timid, almost scared personality and we worked that out of him- he was actually becoming fun; he had this desire to run and hide...well, this time I can't find him. Unfortunately, all the other times he hid it was in our house in a specific room that he couldn't get out of and eventually we'd find him but this time it was in our yard and we can't find him in the bushes....

Isn't that awful? I hope someone nice finds him and takes care of him- and doesn't let him out of their sight!

No comments: